[in-vurs] [van-dl-iz-uhm]

Inverse Vandalism - noun: Creating something for no other reason than the sheer fact that you can create it.

Creative Commons License



This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Let the songs out. Part 1

Howdy. I've written hundreds of songs. Hundreds. Today, as I lay in bed with an injured back, I'm feeling I should start storing them here instead of the pile of notebooks in the corner. I feel that they may be safer out here in the ether. Right?

I don't even know where to start, so... I guess over the next few months I'll be adding two or three a day, in no certain order. If anyone reads this, let me know which ones you like and I'll record them. Most of these are around 10 years old... So, yeah, 3 a day until they run out. Enjoy...

 
Another Day Above Ground
Chords: C#m aug 5, Bb aug5, Bm, Dm5

We know what it means now, and we won’t forget again.
We’ve seen friends and family, scattered to the wind.
Feels like we’re detached now,
Wandering, through a big 'ole lost and found.
Waiting on one sweet morning,
When that trumpet sounds.
Another Day above Ground.

We need our daily bread, We drinking booze instead
Lift up our weary heads, Another day above ground.
No thoughts of suicide, Open your mouth up wide
Fill it with your pride, Another day above ground
Brother drop your gun, Recognize we’re one
Step into the sun, Another day above ground
Cuz one day you and me, Will shake hands in the street
Sweet synchronicity, Another day above ground


It’s easy to give up, and settle for less than we’re worth.
But it’s just an illusion, that we’re all separate on Earth.
So just, sing out a song,
For the day the world came unwound
And we can join hands and laugh
In the face of the aftermath
Of what went down
Another day above ground

All the life we tasted, all the time we’ve wasted
Take all the guilt erase it, Another day above ground.
We takin’ no more bets, might as well forget
All those old regrets, Another day above ground
Like Noah with the dove, guided from above
Light your path with love, Another day above ground
With love our hearts are filled, our city will rebuild
As fruits of labor yield, Another day above ground


 
GUTTER SHOES.
Bm7, Gm7, F#m7

(whistling intro) (chorus)
I wake up every morning when the sun rises.
I go tru my routine dey ain’t no surprises.
I start a whistlin’ the worn out sole blues.
Because the liquor store it owes me some new shoes.

I start a walkin’ and I shuffle my feet yeah.
Down thru esplanade cuz dat’s my street yeah.
I slide my way down to da corner liquor store.
Cuz what I need I just ran out I gotta get some more.
Dey know my name the bell jingles when I enter.
Dey know me every time of year from Spring to Winter.
I pour my change out cuz I know the right amount.
Give it to me Give it to me Slide the bottle cross the counter, I(chorus)

I hang out with me, myself, and my other friend.
We shares a smoke and a bottle every now and then.
People say we should jus put the bottle on the shelf
Cuz when you see talking to my friend I’m talking to myself, now.
I ain’t looking for no handout pity.
I walk the streets and help the folks of Crescent City.
I’m a tell ya something that you didn’t know I knew.
Jus give a dollar and I’ll tell you where you got your shoes.
(spoken) Dey on your feet mothafucka! Now give me dat dolla!
You bitch you. You heard me?! You wanna know why because I..(chorus)

Now you may think I’m just some worthless scum.
Stuck to streets just like an old-assed piece of gum.
But I’m a tell ya I gots nuthin to lose.
Just give me all your change and I’ll stop buggin’ you.
I serve as a reminder; better listen to your mother.
A walking public service: An announcement from the gutter.
I suck the city like I’m suckin’ on an udder
First I grabs it then I churns it then I turns it into butter. I..(chorus)
(whistle outro)

Distance
Verse: Am, E, Dm, Am
Chorus: C, F, C, G, C, F, Am

Polarized like the magnets, that hold down our feet
Separated by oceans, that make us complete
If we could be steam, we finally would meet, in the distance.
And guilt is only a phone call away
Your voice is electric, it travels all day
Through wires, over mountains it finally decays in the distance.

(chorus)
How could I hold myself (3X)
Accountable to you my love.

Far away like the planets, but pulled by the sun
Barely in orbit, and you are the one
Like Holy Communion forgives the next day I see you play, in the distance.
And time is our money, the seconds we save
Hoping we both, can cash in someday
And sit on the porch while our rockin’ chairs sway in the distance.

(chorus)

And the truth it works in mysterious ways
If I told I did it, would it lead you astray
Would you exit the highway, keep driving away in the distance?
So if our far away love’s to be real
And coincide with the feelings we feel
The truth should not harm, but sweeten the deal in the distance.

(Chorus) 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment